Friday, February 2, 2007

35 hours, 39 minutes to the start

Man, work has been a bear this week. I still have more work to do, but I thought I'd write a little, since this week's been blog-bare.

It's Friday night and I have about a day-and-a-half before the race. Speed work went just fine on Tuesday. Schedule was 6x 400m @ 6:15 with 400m rest intervals.

Conditions were great, cool and drizzling, so I ran my intervals a little faster than pace. What made that even sweeter was I forgot how long to rest, and accidentally halved the rests. No problem.

Tuesday was a frustrating morning at work, so burning off a little aggression was nice. That's when running is most satisfying, especially speed work. Beats going postal.

Thursday was three miles at marathon pace. It was no problem, but it was only three miles. I still wonder if I can sustain that pace for 26.2 miles. Self-doubt's a bitch.

My replacement HRM arrived Thursday afternoon. I'm all set.

No comments: