Monday, January 29, 2007

The inverse relationship of hair and drag

Couldn't help myself. Did an unscheduled 3.25 easy today. I'm ready to jump out of my skin tonight. Maybe I'll cut my hair.

I like to be pretty bald for a race. My wife doesn't like it much, but it makes me feel fast. I wish a haircut could make me run fast, but my thinning hair causes little drag. The good news is that each passing year will reduce the drag my hair creates. It will compensate for the speed I lose with age. At least that's what I tell myself.

Last bit of speed work tomorrow. Gotta cut my hair before that, right? Whoosh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel exactly the same way about hair, even though I have less drag to worry about. I wanted to wait until Friday or Saturday to get it cut so I would have that nice fresh haircut feeling right before the race, but I broke down and cut it on Sunday because I just couldn't wait. Today's speedwork will be my first run with the short cut and it will make it tough to abide by the scheduled taper speed work.