Monday, January 29, 2007

Nike Watch Repair Customer Service

Mea culpa. That's Latin for "I'm a moron." Actually, it means "my bad" or something close.

The moral of this story I'll put up front: if Nike Watch Repair responds to your e-mail and asks you to call, you should do so.

The story: as I wrote Saturday, I accidentally torture tested my Nike HRM by letting a car run over it. (See "Torture testing my heart rate monitor.") Despondently, I checked the Nike Watch Repair website, saw that the HRM was out of stock and placed a backorder. I was sure I wouldn't get it in time for my marathon the following Sunday.

On Monday morning (six days to the marathon), I got a phone call from a nice woman named Marguerite at Nike Watch Repair. She told me that I had ordered the European model of my HRM, which she thought might be a mistake. She told me that I probably wanted the American model, which was $10 cheaper, and was in stock. She agreed to send it 2nd day air. I should receive it by Thursday.

This explains a lot. I probably was looking at the wrong strap for the past year or so. I probably waited needlessly for a new strap. I probably should have called when I got the e-mail from Nike Watch Repair last June.

Don't make my mistake. If Nike Watch Repair asks you to call, just do it.

No comments: