Thursday, January 11, 2007

Today's 2000m repeats sucked

Wanted to go to the track today, but work got in the way. The schedule was 3x 2000m at 6:45/mile with 400m rest intervals. I've decided that 2000m is an awkward distance.

I hate doing speedwork late, especially on a treadmill. I normally run outside during my lunch break. Tonight it was on the treadmill at 9 p.m. I was totally out of my element.

The first 2000 felt horrible. I looked down at my watch and saw my heart rate was about 172. This isn't terribly high for me. I'm normally close to 180 (my feeling crappy threshold) when I do speedwork. Second interval, same story. My third interval had thighs and calves burning. Breathing was rough. I felt dizzy and slightly nauseous. Watch showed 175 bpm. I just don't get it.

At least it's done. Now I have to ride out my post-workout insomnia. Aack. Thbbbt.

No comments: